Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Sadness and Sewing

This weekend was a difficult one, my Grandaddy passed away on Friday so we spent the whole time up in Killeen with my Meemaw and the rest of the family. We've known for a couple of months this was coming, but as you know that doesn't make it any easier. I try to take comfort knowing that he's not in pain anymore, but I can't stop thinking about him not being there next Christmas. The bright spot was getting to see the rest of our family, why do we wait until such awful circumstances to get together?

Now we're back in College Station and getting ready for our homestudy. On Friday the social worker comes to interview Hubby and I to make sure we're good candidates to be adoptive parents. After that is complete it just becomes a waiting game for finding a baby. I'm cleaning the house and trying to make it look nice, and I wanted to make a tablecloth to jazz it up a little. So here's the result, hope you approve!



3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather. It is very nice that you are living close enough to go spend some time with your family during this time.

    How exciting that y'all are starting the process of adoption. I can't wait to read more as time goes on. I know God has a little one out there waiting for you : )

    The table cloth looks great! I would have never thought to put those patterns together, but I love it!!!

    Most of my family lives in Killeen and College Station. Maybe we could get together next time I go visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love that Beth, please let me know when you'll be coming and we can have dinner and hang out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loosing a grandparent is so hard. I absolutely loved my granny hudgins- we were really close. I wish you could have met her. :)

    I am SO excited to hear about your interest in adoption! I haven't blogged about it because it has been so hard- but we have been battling infertility for a year now. It has been an extremely difficult journey. We are going to see what the summer holds for us - we are waiting on results of a surgery Patrick had- but we are really open to adoption as well...even if we do end up having our own children.

    Please keep us posted. I know you guys will be wonderful parents. :)

    ReplyDelete