Monday, April 12, 2010

Quilting Excitement

So as you know I'm an up-and-coming quilter, or something like that. Today was the start of my "you know what" and besides cramping and feeling totally yucky all I felt like doing was quilting. So I've started a new project, it's a type of quilt called a String Quilt or a Kaleidoscope quilt, I got the pattern from a blog called Film in the Fridge which was recommended by Rebekah! I love it and it lets me use up a ton of the fabric I bought on sale, all kinds of patterns and it is just kooky enough to look great. Even Hubby likes it which is a big score around here. I finished 4 8 1/2 x 8 1/2 blocks which makes 1 square and I thought I'd share. The middle strip on each block is a the light green which when sewn together makes a kind of sashing square shape. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. and a quilter to boot!! pardon the Texas slang!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! You are doing a great job. I can't wait to see more : )

    ReplyDelete