Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Quilting joy
What fun I can have with a sewing machine. Never thought I'd be one saying those words - mostly I figured that was for old people. Now don't get me wrong, it still is for old, just for me as well!!! I have just about finished piecing together my first quilt with only the border to go so I thought I'd share with y'all. Oh, and 'cause Beth asked me about it last time I thought I'd explain a little further about what it actually means for me to quilt. Essentially I will cut, piece and sew all the fabric - front and back. But then I will send it off to a professional quilter to have the batting put in the middle and all 3 pieces "quilted" together. This is because there are these nifty long arm quilting machines that cost btw 9 and 15,000$ that can do all sorts of neat designs. Like quilting frogs on a baby quilt, footballs on a boys quilt, or feathers on a girls. Cool right? Well thanks to my new friend Rebekah I'm learning all sorts of fun facts and getting totally addicted to this stuff!! Ok dokey, well here is my first quilt top (oh and a baby picture!!!!!)


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment