Friday, February 12, 2010

Wowee Wowee

Phew, long time no write folks!! You know, I thought when we got back to the States my life would become so normal and slow that I would have nothing to write about. In fact, just the opposite has been true, I've been busy and having fun - but not writing about it! Here is a quick update!
1. Our household goods got here and we're all moved in. If by moved in I can still mean that there is still laying around with no home, clothes piled in the corners, books stacked in front of bookcases and just a general mess. That counts right?
2. I have a new niece! I'm glad Cristina doesn't read this since I'm pretty sure that should have been first, oops. She's adorable! Huge! She's a month old and already 10lbs and out of newborn clothes. I love chubby babies! She also has a fulllll head of hair, fuzz down her forehead and actual eyebrows - no joke y'all!! You don't believe that a baby could have eyebrows? Just check the picture below. And even if you do believe me, you should still look, she's stinking adorable!
3. I started quilting. Yup, I didn't think enough of our money went to my first crafting love of knitting and decided to take on another semi-expensive hobby. Hey, at least you get cool finished products right? I mean its not like I spend money on golf or something with nothing to show for it. I'm finishing up my first quilt today - well, finishing up the top pieces and sending it off to get actually quilted - I'll post pics of it in the next couple of days. And yes, I do intend to be a more faithful blogger again. Although, come to think of it I may have lost most of you by not writing for a month and a half...eek.

Hm, ok I think that hits the big points. I know you all just want to get to the baby picture anyways. Don't worry, you'll have plenty more to come!


4 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful neice : ) I hop y'all are haveing a smooth transition back to Texas (we've been in Dallas since July, and we are still adjusting). I'm curious...what does it mean to send it in to have it quilted?

    ~Beth Ivy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, basically you sew together the front, the back and the border. Then send those to a professional quilter who will put the cotton batting in btw and "quilt" it - which is the stitching all the over quilt. The reason you send it off is because professionals have these really amazing computer run quilters that can stitch all kinds of patterns like frogs, fans, paisleys, ect. The machines for this cost btw 9 and 15,000 so it's cheaper to pay someone to do it for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, she's baaack!! am counting on you to write - I talk to ya but love reading YA too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay congratulations! The baby is so sweet, and I can't wait to hear more about quilting.

    ReplyDelete