Hubby and I love living back in the States, although I must admit it has taken some readjusting, with a lot more to come I suspect. Crowds bullying their way through stores, people dressed in there scrummiest (that's a real word y'all!) pajamas in Target, ordering a medium drink only to be handed the most gigantic cup I've ever seen, and customer service reps who think you're intruding on their time instead of just part of their job. A little bit of culture shock.
But thankfully overwhelmed by the good things like down home country folk who would do anything for you, fresh, organic veggies from a local farmers market, easy driving without having to dodge a million parked cars, and of course, living close to family. We'll see how long we appreciate that last one. Just kidding Mom. You're like the only person who even reads this, so I better be nice!
It's hard to believe we've only been here a week and a half, we've been so busy that it feels a whole lot longer. We arrive in Houston, leave for home, go back to Houston for Christmas, drive to Tyler for the rest of the holiday and tomorrow go back home. And oh yeah, in the first 2 days back we have a wine tasting with Hubby's new unit, our washer and dryer being delivered, a baby shower for Cristina and my car having leather installed. Phew - I started sweating just writing that.
Alright well I have to go put on makeup and head out for a New Year's party - cross your fingers for me that Mack and I can make it past midnight - this moving, buying, visiting, cooking, eating, writing, working, and living stuff is just plain tiring.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No offense taken - I remember how that goes so will try my best not to intrude - so WHEN I do - just remind me!!!! Now, take a deep breath, and know there is an end, maybe not in sight, but there is an end to all the coming home madness.
ReplyDeleteps - really like the 'new' reclothed title!
ReplyDelete