Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Praise God!

So first off, let me say last night we got 7 hours of sleep!!! Amazing and such a blessing! Little one is doing better every night.

So the ride has been crazy the last few months. The first couple of weeks with Miss baby were pretty rough, she's been very colicky and at the time was feeding every 2 hours and screaming ALL the time. There were nights when it felt like Hubby and I switched off and she never actually slept. But obviously it's gotten better, some friends told us about Gripe water (we call it miracle water) which is just water with ginger and fennel extract, but I'm telling you it made a world of difference for us. The next 2 big things were getting the book The Happiest Baby on the Block which was huge and has helped with the fussing a TON and being given a swing by Jon and Danielle..amen!

We got home on the 4th of Jan and that was a huge relief, no place like home couldn't be a truer statement. We were struck by tragedy almost immediately though, on Jan 7th my sister's boyfriend was killed in a car accident on his way back to College Station. His mom called Hubby and gave us the news as we were also driving back to College Station from visiting family. I had to give Cristina the news which I think is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do, and I hope I never have to do anything like that again. Of course sister is broken hearted, they were very close and he was just an amazing young man. We know that he's with God though, Taylor was such a strong believer in Christ and there is no doubt he's in Heaven right now. His family is so amazing, they used his memorial service to glorify God and actually had 5 people stand and come to Christ at the end of the service. What a blessing and I know Taylor was grinning from ear to ear.

We are trying to get back to normal now, or what I guess is the new normal. Hubby and sister are back to school and work, I'm back to nannying Maya and now of course mommying Miss baby. It's pretty crazy and I'm not sure my house will ever be the same, but we're moving right along!

1 comment:

  1. ok, you've got to keep them coming!! don't just tease with these 2.

    ReplyDelete