Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Phew

Oh boy do I have a lot to catch you up on. That is if I have anyone out there still reading this after 4 months of no blogging!!!

Alright first of all, the baby girl I told y'all about in Sept fell through. Well, maybe fell through isn't the right way to describe it, we got scammed. We got all the way to Nov, set up our nursery, picked a name (Wendy Caroline) and were raring to go. We showed up at the hospital and the birthmom didn't show. Turns out she had moved and given a false address, the doctor had no idea who she was and we were devasted. My heart was broken, I felt like my baby had died. Hubby was just incredible, he was my rock through this, and I know that our marriage came out stronger for feeling this pain together. We packed up the nursery so I wouldn't have to pass by the reminder every day, and we took a week or so just to be at home and heal. My mom came and stayed to help out since I was pretty much useless.

Then a couple of weeks later we started applying for new baby situations. Luckily our consulting agency was really supportive and was only offering us situations where the baby was due in less than a month. None of this 5 months of anticipation stuff again. We applied for a baby girl in Colorado on the 1st of Dec (she was due on the 6th) and on the 6th I got a phone call!!! The baby was born on the 5th and we had been chosen!!! So I freaked out (naturally) and started whirring around the house trying to get ready. Suitcases, plane tickets, rental car, hotels, nursery unpacked, oh my goodness. Hubby had finals all week, so my mom ended up going with me the next morning to Denver. Hubby came up on Friday!

So on Tuesday the 7th I got to meet my new daughter, Miss baby (sorry, had to edit out her name for security reasons)! She was born 5lbs, 2 or 3 oz and had a head FULL of hair!! We got to meet her birthparents and the birthmom's whole family. In fact they actually threw us a fiesta on the last day we were in Denver to meet Hubby and say goodbye to Miss baby. Then we headed to southern Colorado for the holidays. She got to spend her first Christmas with me, Hubby, her Aunt and her Gamy and Poppy (mom and dad's new names!).

It's been amazing! So now she is 7 weeks and just the cutest thing ever, of course! I'm going to write a bit over the next couple of days to update on our life, but I figure right now what you want is pictures!!! So, here is our little princess!

The first photo is the most recent, going back in order from there. The 2nd from the bottom is with her birth parents at the fiesta.





1 comment:

  1. She is adorable! What a sweet family. I love that her birth family threw ya'll a fiesta. What a sweet family Sophia has. Y'all are great parents, I am sure, and she is so very loved. Congratulations! I hope I can come by and meet her next time I visit my grandma.

    ReplyDelete