So today was my Halloween party for my students and their moms. Can I start by saying that Japanese kids are adorable!?
Anyways this all was just supposed to be some candy and Scooby-Doo, but the moms got super excited and just could not believe they were going to go to a "real" American Halloween party. Talk about pressure. So it got upgraded quite a bit, especially the amount of sugar involved ( I swear I had like 5 kinds of candy, brownies, cookies, and caramel corn!!). As you can see below this was very exciting for the kids. And yes - he's whooping - and no I didn't prompt him. A&M is universal and subconscious.


I put out face paint as one of the activities - the kids went nuts!!! There was no
discernible pattern beyond pink hearts on the girls. I think gruesome was the name of this game.



And here is proof that kids do eat vegetables - all this sugar and TWO of them are going for the veggies!! What's amazing is that the moms were blown away by the idea of eating bell peppers raw, and even more amazed that you could dip them in
Caesar dressing. I'm pretty sure they're all going to the store as I type this.

I thought the pumpkin carving station was for the kids, but it turns out the moms were all about this!! They actually played Rock, Paper, Scissors to see who got to take the pumpkins home. Who knew?


I love babies. Enough said.

This little guy is adorable - but freaking me out with the zombie stare and tombstone. This was a lot cuter in person.

There they are, all my kiddos and me. I can't even tell you how long it took to corral them into this - I think it might be all that sugar I gave them!

Grrr.

I see you!!

They really are the neatest guests. All I had to do was tell them to take all the leftovers and they cleaned me out, neatly stacked everything and bagged up the garbage. I'm going to miss Japan.
How fun! I wish I could be there!
ReplyDeleteThis looks like such a FUN time! I'm not sure who had more fun - kids, moms, or YOU!! too bad no video, I would have loved to hear all the chatter and laughter!!
ReplyDelete