Tonight I went with Mack and some friends of ours to the Yokohama Baystars baseball game. It was fantastic! We met up with everyone first at the train station and went to a place called Freshness Burger - to be honest I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. It was fresh but that's probably the most I could say about the place.
First is me, Kris and one of his twins Noah, underneath that is Mack, Liz and her other twin Nick. And yes I can tell them apart - but only after babysitting them for a couple of weeks. Great kids. And lastly is Brendan and Channing - Channing is Nick and Noah's older brother and a really interesting guy, a lot of fun to talk to.

I love Noah's shirt by the way - Miso cool!!!
Then we headed to the stadium. Let me tell you, the Japanese are crazy about their baseball. They go from quiet, polite, rule-abiding people to crazed fans in the time it takes to get to their seats. They act a whole lot like Americans at a football game:
And seriously, they do this the whole time - literally the whole time.
Check out this guy though, I mean it would take the Japanese to come up with a mascot like this:
Weird. And yes, that's a baseball bat sticking out of his head.
So we settled in to cheer on our teams - just to be trouble I decided to support the away team, the Chunichi Dragons. I mean seriously, that's a way cooler mascot than a Baystar. I mean I guess if you think about a star as a massive ball of fire it's pretty intimidating, but when they have pictures of cartoon twinkly stars all over the place - seriously? Go Dragons! Guess who won by the way? Let's just say I'm not the one doing dishes tomorrow! :) About half way through Mack, Brendan, and Channing decided to pull out "rally caps" to energize the Baystars. I have never heard of such a thing. Maybe some of you can confirm for me that my husband isn't full of you know what!
Noah got some popcorn from a vendor:

Now you're probably thinking something like "why on earth would she talk about popcorn" but guys - this is no ordinary popcorn. To our dismay this was truly Japanese popcorn. Have I ever told you how much the Japanese love curry? Well, they love it so much that they made curry popcorn. And I'm not talking "let's sprinkle some curry powder on this", I'm talking "let's roll this in curry powder so it pervades every crinkle, every wrinkle and every surface of each and every piece of popcorn." Blek.

We all had a good time.


Even this guy.

Another great night in Japan.
hate to side with 'the guys' but there really is a custom of a rally cap in baseball - so now who has to do dishes?? love knowing that the Japanese do change their personalities at 'the park"
ReplyDeleteall the best to Mack for tomorrow (our tomorrow but I guess it will already be after the fact!)