I was quite amazed by all the paraphernalia that we had to get, lights, bells, water bottles holders, locks, helmets, ect ect ect. Boy, owning a bike to save on gas is expensive!!!
After we outfitted our bikes and us we set off. The first few miles was so much fun - flat, which is good considering its 92 degrees and 90% humidity outside. Surprisingly, riding a bike is sorta like riding a bike - it just comes back to you ;).
We stopped at Emily and Josh's house which is about 1.5 miles from our house. Luckily our friends are amazing and let us come in, sit in the AC and chug some cold beverages. They didn't even comment on how stinky we were. True friendship ;)
Then we headed to "the hill". "The hill" is 1.5 miles of unbelievably steepness, the top of which we live on. And when I say the top I mean literally!! So up we went. And this is what I looked like halfway up:
And that's half "the hill" to go. Blek and sweat. So you aren't going to believe this if you know anything about me - but I made it the whole way back without falling off once! A little wavering, a little wobbling but I stayed up there!! Woohoo!! Despite the grueling hill it was a great day and I hope Mack and I can continue to be "bike people!"


go, girlie!! I AM SO IMPRESSED you didn't fall!!! great looking bikes and lots of fun headed your way!!
ReplyDeleteHey girl, I wish I'd known! We have a 3-bike trunk rack that is adjustable to any car, and you totally could've used it. But, then you wouldn't have gotten the chance to be such a badass.
ReplyDelete