Yesterday Mack was crazy enough to decide that he wanted to climb Mt Fuji. Actually let me rephrase that, he decided a while back and yesterday was the actual event! So he drove the 3 hours up to Fuji with our friend Josh to spend 10 grueling hours in the rain and freezing cold. Emily (Josh's wife) and I decided to be smarter and take a girl's day to ourselves. We had planned on going to Sea Paradise in
Yokohama but wimped out when it started raining (we didn't want to walk to and from the train stations under umbrellas - good thing we didn't attempt the climb!). First we headed to my very favorite restaurant here in Japan - literally and creatively called Chinese Restaurant.

If you are ever in
Yokosuka you have to try this place, it's located on the 8
th floor of More's City and
no one has ever ever not loved their food. I go there as often as possible. Yesterday I ordered one of my favorites,
ramen and we shared
gyoza (pork dumplings). I think this place serves the best of both.


Emily had the fried pork noodles which also looked yummy!

After this delicious meal we wandered around More's City a little and ended up on the basement level. This is a great place to visit, there are all kinds of little food shops and an actual grocery store. We both had a little craving for something sweet so we headed to the
gelato counter. I love this presentation - you know exactly what you're getting since they cover the top in the ingredients.

And
conveniently you can order this two ways - in a cup or a corn! Fabulous!

We then walked around the little gourmet foreign foods shop where I found a product I just don't think I could ever buy:
Mmmmm poo pad.
After this eating and shopping extravaganza we headed back to Emily's where we vegged out with movies and knitting for the hours that our boys were slaving away on the mountain. Emily made a fabulous pizza - even the crust was from scratch which I call true dedication. And I must say I'm a new convert to whole wheat pizza crust, it was delicious!! I love having close friends you can just "be" with with no need to be anything other than yourself. Check back tomorrow, Mack will be updating this with his version of Sunday!!
No comments:
Post a Comment