Yesterday was spa day again for Mom and I. We took a Navy tour and headed to Yunessen, a giant onsen (hot spring) up in Hokone (thanks to anonymous for pointing out my mistake on saying it was is Hokkiado - I dont know what I was thinking!). The place is enormous with tons of baths, you can soak in green tea, coffee, wine, dead sea salts, or sake. There are water slides and massage areas. It was wonderful! You can check it out here at their website: Yunessen . We had a great time, we did a lot of soaking, got a head/neck massage, a shaitsu message and did a whole lot of lounging around.
Then today we pretty much did nothing. Seriously nothing - I don't think Mom even changed out of her pjs until we headed out to dinner! :) But it was great, some real down time which I know she doesn't get a lot of at home. We then headed out to dinner with my friend Annette and her two daughters who I just adore. We went to the chinese restaurant you've heard me mention, the one that's just my favorite.
It's been great having Mom here and I can't believe she goes home in a few days!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


again, the perfect person to go with, and when in Japan do as the Japanese do - coffee, green tea, sake, charcoal, dead sea salts!!
ReplyDeleteHokkiado is the northern most island in Japan. Worth the trip to go and see the Ice Festival in Sapporo. Yunessen is located in Hakone, close to Yokosuka.
ReplyDeleteThanks anon I corrected it, I must have been in lala land, I know the difference and typed it wrong anyways!
ReplyDelete