So with Mom in town I just had to take her to the onsen that started it all. For all you newcomers an onsen is a Japanese bath with multiple spas, steam rooms, hot rocks, and massage rooms where you can relax naked for hours. There aren't any pictures of the particular one we visit, but here is an approximation:
Without the naked people of course.
Emily and I were determined that once she got over the whole nekkid thing that Mom would relax and enjoy herself. We headed over there for dinner first, they have a really nice selection of food from ramen and sushi to curry chicken and french fries. Then it was into the locker for the most embarrassing part - getting undressed. I'm telling you taking off your clothes is way harder than walking around buck naked. We soaked for a couple hours after which we headed home relaxed and lethargic - perfect. Although Mom was pretty nervous I think she did end up enjoying herself!!


well, yes, I was nervous and not sure that I could do this again, however, but you were the perfect person to do this with!
ReplyDelete