Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Sea Paradise

Today Emily (you can read her account there) and I took Mom up to Sea Paradise in Yokohama which was a total blast. We started off having lunch at the train station - Mom came all the way to Japan to be taken out for Italian!
Then up to Sea Paradise. This is a whole complex of stuff from aquariums to amusement park rides. We headed to the aquarium and were just in time for the marine mammal show! It was fabulous!! The dolphins are always a favorite and these didn't disappoint!
I think my favorite though were the beluga whales, they are just so cool!!!
After the show we headed indoors to the aquarium. Luckily they had a handy dandy map which was quite explicit as to what you'd be viewing:

We saw everything from jelly fish and sea turtles to sharks and manta rays. But they had nothing on this guy which seriously was the scariest thing in there:

This next picture is really blurry, but that's Mom standing next to the crab. If I saw this thing in the ocean I would run screaming. Actually I suppose I would swim screaming. Or swim swallowing sea water because my mouth is open in shock. Whatever the case I'd rather see a shark.


We topped it all off with a trip to the local family restaurant. Truthfully, we just went and bought Dippin Dots but I couldn't resist this picture.

1 comment:

  1. i so enjoyed reading the commentary!! I mean I lived it but reading your's is great!

    ReplyDelete