Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Raffles Singapore

While I'm here twiddling my thumbs, falling down stairs and going to see crummy school bands play, Mack has been touring the world on a cruise ship. Ok, technically it's a command ship, but since I left Sydney he's been to Cairns and snorkeled the great barrier reef, eaten out in Malaysia, dined in in Singapore and had beer in Vietnam. Sounds pretty nice to me!
While the ship was in Singapore they had a dining in - or a dining out - I can't ever remember what the difference is. Basically the guys get dressed up in their finest and go to a very fancy dinner, give lots of toasts, drink some champagne and then go drinking afterwards. At least that's what I gleaned from his description.
This dining in (or out) happened to take place at theRaffles Hotel in Singapore, which is apparently one of the nicest hotels ever! Rooms there run for at least 600$ a night. Luckily for me, Mack was just eating there!! The guys had a blast! Afterwards they went out drinking to a place called The Wheelchair Bar - and honestly, the chairs are actual wheelchairs! To top it off you can order drinks that come in an IV bag - you just sip out of the tube! I wish I could have been there, but I'm glad Mack is having fun as we wind down our Japan tour!
Here's my hubby, content in the knowledge of his own hotness:
He looks real stressed out in this next one:

And here is my husband again, apparently checking out the girls behind - thanks for sending this one Mack.

No comments:

Post a Comment