Sunday, June 14, 2009

Adult Sleepovers - Bringing back the funtastic times!!!



So after our outdoorsy and wonderful day of hiking I figured the best way to celebrate was heading to Emily's where she was hosting a grownup sleepover (girls only of course, duh!). I have to tell you, this seriously is a new fad - I mean what could be better than girlfriends, pajamas, wine and chocolate? Nothing, period. The night started off tamely enough with a beautiful spread of food, everything from chips and salsa to broccoli stuffed mushrooms (what were you thinking - we are grownups after all).
This was the perfect time for me to bond with Emily's other friends, Andi and Beth - both super sweet and crazy funny! So after some chow and some wine we headed into the living room for Taboo. Oh wait - first everyone but me changed into pjs - I didn't because I'm the one loser who didn't actually stay the night. Mack and I had a tour that left base at 5:30 am so we figured a full nights sleep would be helpful (more to come on my tour tomorrow).
Taboo was great, made even funnier by copious amounts of - you guessed it, more wine! So whats next, how can you top this - oh man, Beth pulled out all the stops:
Yes, that's chocolate fondue with marshmallow fluff being stirred into it. I have a confession to make though, I had to take this picture with my left hand, because my right pointer finger was busily plunging into the fluff jar :) Yum. So we pigged out on chocolate dipped cheesecake, strawberries, marshmallows and preztels, content in our womanliness (is that a word?) until Emily's husband showed up - Josh is the perfect straight man, and just by scowling at 4 tipsy women gorging on chocolate made said women into a hysterical, giggling crowd of fools.
See. Told you so. What a great night. Emily was a supreme hostess, gracious, beautiful, generous and a little bit raunchy just to keep it entertaining. Ohohoh...lest I forget, the awesome crafts she set up!! We got to make our own scented sugar scrub. She'd mixed it up and had a huge selection of essential oils for us to choose from! What a great idea!

1 comment:

  1. Dude, that "raunchy" comment is seriously the best compliment I've had all year! You are welcome any time!

    ReplyDelete