In the US we take eating foreign food for granted, there isn't anything weird about going for Thai, Italian, Indian, or Chinese. In fact, I think most people eat "non-American" food on a pretty regular basis. I don't know why, but it feels weird to do that in Japan. I figure, we live in Japan - when we go out to eat surely we are going to eat Japanese food. However we crave international food just like back home and luckily for us so do the Japanese. I think pizza is pretty much everywhere in the world now, with just a few changes. For instance, a favorite of the Japanese is tuna, corn and mayo pizza! Can you even imagine?? Blek!!!
So basically this is all boils down to a serious craving for Mexican food. Or should I say Tex-Mex?? Give me some fajitas, some queso and man I'd be sitting pretty. There is actually a Mexican food place here outside the gates called Mike's - its not bad, they serve enchiladas, tacos and some really great fresh salsa. Now, everything is a little bit different and in no way can compete with Mi Cosina or La Maria - but considering we haven't had real Mexican food in over a year this place is pretty darn good. I mean, when Taco Bell starts to look appetizing you know you're in trouble. So anyways, without further blathering, here is me, Emily and Becky at Mike's:

And no it wasn't my choice to wear the stupid hat - in fact I'm pretty sure the last time I had one on was when I was a kid and my parents forced me to wear one while they sung Happy Birthday and I cried. Happy for me. :) It was a great evening, and I wanted to get a picture of the food to show you Japanese-Mexican food - but I was too slow!

Can you tell we enjoyed dinner?
In other news, not much going on around the house beyond this:
AAWWW!! Isn't he cute - even with his 'manhood' showing!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA It's weird how 'moms' can take pictures and not even think about what they're taking pics of!!
ReplyDelete