I have to tell you, living in Japan is a constant source of amusement. I love reading
engrish (the sometimes mistranslated, misspelled or just plain strangely phrased
english that appears everywhere here!), I love seeing the crazy fashion and seeing what strange and hilarious things the people are up to everyday. Some things are strange, for example, during our Area Orientation Brief (everyone has to attend this when they get here) we had a martial arts demonstration by some guy who's like a 8 level black belt or something - fantastic! And then hilarious to find out he has a Hello Kitty credit card and sticker on his car! You don't believe me? This car below belongs to man who works at
Yokota Air Base:

Some Japanese fashion is stunning and beautiful, some mystifying. Do you ever have those days when you wake up and just can't decide what to wear? You go back and forth between two pairs of pants and just pull your hair out not knowing which to wear??? Well this guy came up with the perfect solution:

Just sew them together!! Now why didn't I think of that first??
Would you like to see an example of the
engrish I referred to??

Mmmmm...scent of natural
civlization - my favorite nature trail.
How about this? I actually bought and sent this shirt to my sister, I couldn't resist:

Or this one, which went to Mack's brother:

I love it!!! Hey, at least everything is spelled right! Although I have to tell you that we are just as susceptible back in the States! Remember when it became cool to wear hats with your college logo in Chinese?? Well our Texas A&M hat was supposed to read "farmer" since obviously Aggie isn't translatable - but they choose the version of farmer that more correctly translates as "hick" - talk about school pride.
hilarious! you need to tell and show pics of the coffee 'machines'!! This is great reading and so much fun.
ReplyDelete