Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Garden Gnomes

The Japanese love their garden gnomes, their garden dogs, their garden bears, their - well, you get the idea. I've never seen anything like this obsession, it's almost as if it's a way to tell your neighbors a little about yourself. What kind of dog you have, your favorite cartoon, anything under the moon. So, I took a walk this afternoon along our street for you - one street, four blocks, and countless little creatures. Here is a sprinkiling of what it is to walk around in our neighborhood.
























And, because Mack and I are firmly in the "if you can't beat 'em join 'em" boat, here is our front porch:

1 comment:

  1. For those who are interested, go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanuki to read a fascinating article about the little racoon that is on our porch. By the way, it came with the house.

    ReplyDelete