Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Heaven in my mouth!!

I've been experimenting lately to find breakfast foods that I can make the night before (any suggestions are welcome!) so that my dear sweet husband doesn't ask me to get up at 5 am with him and cook. A typical morning has me telling him to eat cereal like a normal person and then rolling over, pulling the covers over my head and pretending I don't know he is making pitiful faces behind me. Um, actually that's pretty much every morning except weekends - I do drive him to work though so don't feel too sorry for him. My search led me to muffins and a plan to bake up a bunch, freeze them and let him get his own dadgum breakfast and still feel like his dear sweet wife is taking care of him. I think I have now found what I'm sure will be his constant request:

Holy moly they are good. No kidding melt-in-your-mouth good. All courtesy of Velvet Lave Cafe - please click on the name for the recipe. I'm posting this now because I want to drive my husband crazy - so please picture him sitting in his hotel room in Korea, reading this and discovering that his wife is cooking muffins who's main ingredients are butter, sugar and cinnamon while he isn't even here. I mean seriously, it is even possible to mess something like that up? And considering Mack's three favorite things are those very ingredients, I'm hoping that having these ready to go when he comes home will get me at least a week of peaceful mornings. :)

Just a tip - in her recipe she mentions that she got 8 muffins out of the mix, but thought you could maybe get 10-12. Well I totally disagree, I got 6 very nice plump muffins, and in I think order to many more they would have to be teeny tiny!!!

5 comments:

  1. Those look really tasty! And it's funny, I made a breakfast treat today too - fruity "cookie bars" that are really breakfast bars. Of course ours have to be whole grain and no sugar, so I'm sure yours taste better!! I'll copy the recipe for you if you want, though, from that Canyon Ranch cookbook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really more like 5:30, not 5:00. Whiner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily, I'd love to get that recipe. And Mack - Lord of the Manor?? Really???

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was MACK?! Wow, dude. Ego much?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lord of the Manor?? Get a grip dude!! As for those muffins, oh my gosh, I could just eat the pic!! Wrote down the recipe and now just have to have someone I can make it for!!

    ReplyDelete