Monday, June 29, 2009

It's a New Japan: From Samurai to Cutie-Pie

The Japanese love cutesy stuff, I mean seriously cute like Hello Kitty and Pokemon and anything pink and white. I already told you a little bit about it, like men having Hello Kitty credit cards and stuffed animals in their cars. Well, let me take you on a little shopping excursion so I can show you first hand what I'm talking about. These pictures were taken in a store called HOMES, which is pretty much like Target, Lowe's, Petsmart, and The Room Store all in one. Need I say it's huge!!?? You can find lumber, plants, bikes, kitchen goods, pets, furniture and clothes. Oh, and stuff like this:
These are kid chopsticks!
These here are spray bottle holders - since no-one really wants just a plastic spray bottle laying around!
These are adorable little piggie shopping bags, they have this pig along with funny little sayings on everything from bags to plastic place mats and cutting boards.

They also have kitchen stuff (cutting boards, jars, pitchers, mini silverware) in every color under the sun.
And these are just as cute as it gets. We actually bought a little piggie pot since we figured there isn't anything cuter than that to cook a kid's soup in!
So there you have it, some samples of Cutesy Japan!

No comments:

Post a Comment